Art History for Everyone
“Outstanding! The best workshop we have had in years.”
Teacher, London Borough of Camden
“A fantastic workshop engaging all the children including those who struggle with the curriculum.”
Teacher, London Borough of Greenwich
“I cannot recommend Magic Lantern highly enough. Any topic can be brought to life and inspire the children to want to learn more.”
Teacher, County Durham
Magic Lantern educational workshops:
- Engaging, interactive art shows in the classroom.
- Magic Lantern has been turning classrooms into pop-up art galleries since 1994 and is the only organisation of its type in the UK.
- During our workshops children explore and engage with famous artworks and discover the world of art from cave paintings to Cubism, Gothic to Graffiti.
- We cover all Greater London and the South East
Why Visual Art?
- A rich and rewarding experience that is available to anyone regardless of age, ability or background.
- Paintings and sculptures can tell amazing stories, teach jaw-dropping facts and raise issues from race and gender to relationships and the environment.
- Gives new perspectives on all subject areas and ignites a passion for culture.
- Helps develop skills including communication, visual observation, speaking and listening, critical thinking and confidence.
- Allows for fun and educational interaction throughout the workshops including role-play, soundscapes, freeze-frames and dialogue.
Our workshops use visual art to open up history (including The Stone Age, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Greece, The Vikings, Tudors, Victorians, World War II), geography (e.g. Rainforests, India, Japan), science (e.g. Forces, Water, Maths), literacy, RE, art & design and many, many more: www.magiclanternart.org.uk/what-we-do/topics/
Benefit for Teachers:
Why not use us to help towards CPD, SMCS or Artsmark or help with inset sessions and art weeks?
£60 per 60-minute workshop or six for the price of five.