Free Foundation Programme from Goldsmiths' Centre providing 10 young people with the skills to begin a career in jewellery, silversmithing & allied industries
The Goldsmiths’ Centre in Clerkenwell supports professional training and development for the jewellery, silversmithing and allied industries. Our free, full-time Foundation Programme provides 10 young people each year with the core skills to begin a career in the field.
The Foundation Programme is unique in the UK. Its combination of real world experience combined with world class tutors and small group sizes, means that our trainees make huge progress in a relatively short period of time. Onward pathways are into apprenticeships, on to university, or directly into work.
To date, over 82% of our students progress onto further training and employment in the industry. In fact, our current and past trainees have been award winners in more than 35 UK and international competitions, including the Goldsmiths Craft & Design Council Awards, WorldSkills UK, and Retail Jewellers’ 30 Under 30, among others. Our first group of trainees from the 2012 intake are now completing their onward apprenticeship training at various businesses in the UK, and this cohort are being granted the Freedom of the City of London over the remainder of this year.
Foundation Programme Application Facts:
- Applications close on: Sunday 6 May 2018
- Interviews take place on: Thursday 30 and Friday 1 June 2018, 10am-4pm
- Cost: Free for those who successfully apply
- To apply, download the "Foundation Programme Application Form" from the link below.
- 2018 applicants should be aged 16-19 on 10 September 2018, and be able to attend full-time, during term time.
- GCSE Grades 4-9/A-C in Mathematics, English and ICT are an advantage, and work experience in a jewellery, silversmithing or related workshop or business is desirable.
To find out more and apply please click here
If you have questions or would like to visit the Goldsmiths’ Centre and see first-hand what we do, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Want to hear more? Please opt into our e-newsletter by filling in the subscriber form at http://eepurl.com/cV-h_D